Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Unable to install equinox p2 plugins for Eclipse Ganymede

I have been trying to install "build utility feature for equinox p2 plugins", on which Spring IDE Eclipse plugin and M2Eclipse plugin have a dependency. But I'm constantly getting an "Invalid zip file format" error:

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
Error closing the output stream for master-equinox-p2/org.eclipse.update.feature/1.0.0.v20080506-4--8Mc44yANsYbyiqu-z-uDo0 on repository file:/C:/eclipse-3.4-ganymede/.
Error unzipping C:\DOCUME~1\Alex\LOCALS~1\Temp\master-equinox-p2_1.0.0.v20080506-4--8Mc44yANsYbyiqu-z-uDo044914.jar: Invalid zip file format


It seems to be unable to download a good copy of master-equinox-p2 JAR file. I have cleaned up all the temporary internet files and tried to install on a different machine but still no luck. I suspect that the mirror site is corrupted, probably with a bad signature or something. But it doesn't seem to allow me to choose mirror site in Ganymede any more. Urrghh!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem is there a soultion to it?

Alex Wei said...

I had it successfully installed on another computer, using another ISP.
So I suspect that it is caused by a corrupted mirror site. What a shame that Eclipse removed the ability to select mirror...

Anonymous said...

Still not fixed, two months after. Maybe file a bug report?

Anonymous said...

Still not fixed!

Alex Wei said...

There is already a bug report: 242112.

Alex Wei said...

Please vote for the bug to be fixed asap.

Alex Wei said...

I have installed Ganymede SR1 and the bug seems gone...