Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Won an IntelliJ IDEA 6.0 licence!

Tonight I went to the Sydney Java User Group's Lightning Talks Night hosted by Atlassian, and won the random audience draw. Among three rewards: a Sun umbrella, a "Java Concurrency in Practice" book and an IntelliJ IDEA licence, I chose IntelliJ IDEA, since: 1) who needs an umbrella in Sydney? 2) I have already got that book, though I haven't started reading...

I used IntelliJ at work previously. But we switched to MyEclipse, mainly because it's easier to find developers with Eclipse experience on the market, and also because the licence is much cheaper.

IntelliJ IDEA is actually a pretty cool IDE. One of the plugins I'd like to try out is the Grails plugin...

I'm also playing with NetBeans 6.0. The beta 1 has just been released.

If I have time, I will try to blog about my experience with these IDEs: Eclipse (and MyEclipse), IDEA and NetBeans...

No comments: